Here are some nature notes from around York County, Maine:
- continuing Little Egret, 2 continuing Yellow-crowned Night-Herons, and a juvenile Baird's Sandpiper (FOY) at Great Pond, 1st Street, Biddeford Pool
- Northern Shoveler and Solitary Sandpiper at the Sanford Lagoons
- 150 Black-bellied Plovers, 300 Semipalmated Plovers, 3 Piping Plovers, a juvenile Baird's Sandpiper, an adult White-rumped Sandpiper, 200 Semipalmated Sandpipers, 100 Short-billed Dowitchers, and more at Hills Beach, Biddeford
- 10+ Great Blue Herons, 1 Great Egret, 1 Green Heron, and 5+ Black-crowned Night-Herons at freshwater marsh along Ocean Ave., Kennebunkport
- during a foraging workshop, I ate fruits of Black Chokeberry, Black Huckleberry, Common Lowbush Blueberry, Pin Cherry, Choke Cherry, and Blackberry (Rubus sp.), and nibbled some flowers and leaves of Tall Lettuce (Lactuca canadensis)
- Virginia Virgin's-bower (Clematis virginiana), Scotch Wild Lovage (Ligusticum scoticum), Common Ground-nut (Apios americana), Seaside Goldenrod (Solidago sempervirens), and Tall White-aster (Doellingeria umbellatus) flowering
To view the following images in full-size, click here.
My work as a naturalist is supported by readers like you. To pledge a monthly contribution of $1 or more, please visit Patreon. Thanks!