Here are some nature notes from around York County, Maine:
- juvenile white morph Snow Goose (FOY) at Wharton Point, Brunswick
- 1 Whimbrel and 1 Marbled Godwit in the marsh along Hills Beach Rd., Biddeford
- 6 gull species (HERG, GBBG, RBGU, BOGU, LAGU and LBBG) and 300+ shorebirds (mostly Black-bellied Plover and Dunlin) at the Basket Island Causeway, Hills Beach, Biddeford
- a few dragonfly species still active including a Shadow Darner
- at least one Western Conifer Seed Bug in my home and one in my car
- first fall frost occurred (in much of southern Maine) on the morning of 11 Oct
To view the following images in full-size, click here.
My work as a naturalist is supported by readers like you. To pledge a monthly contribution of $1 or more, please visit Patreon. Thanks!