Here are some nature notes from around York County, Maine:
- 343 Northern Gannets counted in a single scan from East Point Sanctuary, Biddeford Pool
- Marbled Godwit continues in the marsh along Hills Beach Rd., Biddeford
- 2 "Ipswich" Savannah Sparrows at the public beach in Biddeford Pool
- 4 American Oystercatchers, 1 American Golden-Plover, 3 Red Knots, 1 Lesser Black-backed Gull, and 1 Iceland Gull at the Basket Island Causeway, Hills Beach, Biddeford
- 11 Northern Pintails and 1 Rusty Blackbird at Lords Pond, Fortunes Rocks Rd., Biddeford
Highlights from travels elsewhere in Maine included:
- 1 Cackling Goose (Lifer!) and ~1000 Canada Geese at Limestone Pond, Limestone
- 1 Greater White-fronted Goose (FOY), 19 Snow Geese, 2 Barnacle Geese (Lifer!), 1 Cackling Goose, and ~2000 Canada Geese at Collins Pond, Caribou
- 65+ Gadwalls and 28 Black Scoters at Lake Josephine, Easton
- Shorebird species at Mars Hill Pond in Mars Hill included White-rumped and Pectoral Sandpiper, Wilson's Snipe, and Lesser and Greater Yellowlegs
To view the following images in full-size, click here.
My work as a naturalist is supported by readers like you. To pledge a monthly contribution of $1 or more, please visit Patreon. Thanks!