Here are some nature notes from around York County, Maine:
- 30 Ring-necked Ducks, 2 Greater Scaup, 8 Ruddy Ducks, 6 American Coots, 600+ migrating American Crows, 12 American Pipits, and 1 Snow Bunting at the Sanford Lagoons
- 4 Black-bellied Plovers, 4 Semipalmated Plovers, 3 Ruddy Turnstones, 200 Sanderlings, 70 Dunlin, 1 White-rumped Sandpiper, and 2 Semipalmated Sandpipers at the public beach in Biddeford Pool
- 4 American Oystercatchers, 150 Black-bellied Plovers, 1 Marbled Godwit, 15 Ruddy Turnstones, 2 Red Knots, 5 Sanderlings, 210 Dunlin, and 1 White-rumped Sandpiper at the Basket Island Causeway, Hills Beach, Biddeford
- 1 Killdeer, 1 Red-eyed Vireo, 1 Common Yellowthroat, 1 Palm Warbler, 1 Rusty Blackbird, 1 Baltimore Oriole, and 1 Autumn Meadowhawk (dragonfly) along the Saco RiverWalk in Saco
Highlights from travels elsewhere in Maine and New Hampshire included:
- Western Kingbird (Lifer!) near Seal Rocks in Rye, NH
- Northern Saw-whet Owl (FOY) at Gilsland Farm Audubon Center, Falmouth, ME
- Sabine's Gull (Lifer!) and Iceland Gull at Sabattus Pond, Sabattus, ME
- Blue Grosbeak (Lifer!) and Fox Sparrow at Dragon Fields in Portland, ME
To view the following images in full-size, click here.
My work as a naturalist is supported by readers like you. To pledge a monthly contribution of $1 or more, please visit Patreon. Thanks!