Here are some nature notes from around York County, Maine:
- 30 Ring-necked Duck, 2 Greater Scaup, 8 Ruddy Duck, 6 American Coot, 600+ migrating American Crow, 12 American Pipit, and 1 Snow Bunting at the Sanford Lagoons
- 4 Black-bellied Plover, 4 Semipalmated Plover, 3 Ruddy Turnstone, 200 Sanderling, 70 Dunlin, 1 White-rumped Sandpiper, and 2 Semipalmated Sandpiper at the public beach in Biddeford Pool
- 4 American Oystercatcher, 150 Black-bellied Plover, 1 Marbled Godwit, 15 Ruddy Turnstone, 2 Red Knot, 5 Sanderling, 210 Dunlin, and 1 White-rumped Sandpiper at the Basket Island Causeway, Hills Beach, Biddeford
- 1 Killdeer, 1 Red-eyed Vireo, 1 Common Yellowthroat, 1 Palm Warbler, 1 Rusty Blackbird, 1 Baltimore Oriole, and 1 Autumn Meadowhawk (dragonfly) along the Saco RiverWalk in Saco
Highlights from travels elsewhere in Maine and New Hampshire included:
- Western Kingbird (Lifer!) near Seal Rocks in Rye, NH
- Northern Saw-whet Owl (FOY) at Gilsland Farm Audubon Center, Falmouth, ME
- Sabine's Gull (Lifer!) and Iceland Gull at Sabattus Pond, Sabattus, ME
- Blue Grosbeak (Lifer!) and Fox Sparrow at Dragon Fields in Portland, ME
To view the following images in full-size, click here.
My work as a naturalist is supported by readers like you. To pledge a monthly contribution of $1 or more, please visit Patreon. Thanks!