Here are some nature notes from around York County, Maine:
- Common Mullein, Common Evening-primrose, Wild Radish, and Beach Rose still flowering along Parsons Way, Ocean Avenue, Kennebunkport
Highlights from a weekend birding trip on Monhegan Island, ME included:
- 1 Rough-legged Hawk and 2 Northern Harriers observed over islands on the outgoing ferry ride
- 1 Ring-necked Pheasant (FOY), 1 Northern Shrike, 1 Lark Sparrow (FOY), 1 Dickcissel, 1 Bobolink, 7 White-winged Crossbills, 2 Evening Grosbeaks, and 13 species of warblers: Northern Waterthrush, Tennessee Warbler (FOY), Orange-crowned Warbler (FOY), Nashville Warbler, Northern Parula, Yellow Warbler, Black-throated Blue Warbler, Palm Warbler, Pine Warbler, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Prairie Warbler, Black-throated Green Warbler, and Yellow-breasted Chat
- 3 Black-legged Kittiwakes during the returning ferry ride
Highlights from birding in New Hampshire included:
- 1 White Wagtail (Lifer!) at Great Boars Head, Hampton
- 1 Western Grebe, 1 Semipalmated Plover, 1 Pectoral Sandpiper, 112 Snow Buntings, 1 Field Sparrow, and 1 "Ipswich" Savannah Sparrow at Rye Harbor State Park, Rye
To view the following images in full-size, click here.
My work as a naturalist is supported by readers like you. To pledge a monthly contribution of $1 or more, please visit Patreon. Thanks!