Here are some nature notes from around York County, Maine:
- 2 Greater Scaup, 1 Barrow's Goldeneye, 85 Black-bellied Plover, 1 Marbled Godwit, 12 Ruddy Turnstone, 1 Red Knot, 1 Sanderling, and 170+ Dunlin at the Basket Island Causeway, Hills Beach, Biddeford (see complete list)
- an estimated 700+ assorted Gulls, including 4 Iceland Gulls, at the south end of Fortunes Rocks Beach, Biddeford
- 3 Gadwall, 4 American Wigeon, 1 Northern Shoveler, 1 Northern Pintail, 1 Lesser Scaup, 12 Ruddy Ducks, and larger numbers of more common waterfowl at Sanford Lagoons (see complete list)
- lingering migrants included 1 Spotted Sandpiper along Ocean Ave., Biddeford Pool and 1 Baltimore Oriole along Sky Harbor Dr., Biddeford
- New York American-aster flowering along Mile Stretch Rd., Biddeford Pool
Highlights from travels elsewhere in Maine included:
- 1 Long-billed Dowitcher (Lifer!) and 1 White-rumped Sandpiper at Wharton Point, Brunswick
- 1 Cattle Egret (FOY) in a farm field along Crocker Rd., Pittston
To view the following images in full-size, click here.
My work as a naturalist is supported by readers like you. To pledge a monthly contribution of $1 or more, please visit Patreon. Thanks!