Here are some nature notes from around York County, Maine:
- 1 Orange-crowned Warbler and 7 Yellow-rumped Warblers at East Point Sanctuary, Biddeford Pool
- 1 Barred Owl hunting from a powerline perch near Water Tower Way, Biddeford
- ~40 Cedar Waxwings devouring Grapes (Vitis sp.) and fruits of Common Hackberry (Celtis occidentalis) at the University of New England, Biddeford
- 7 Harlequin Ducks, 1 Bald Eagle, 2 Eastern Bluebirds, 1 American Robin, 8 Cedar Waxwings, and 2 Yellow-rumped Warblers seen on the walk I led along Parsons Way in Kennebunkport
- ~38 Common Mergansers (flyover flock), 1 Ruffed Grouse, and 2+ Red Crossbills at the Waterboro Barrens Preserve in Shapleigh/Waterboro
- 1 Marbled Godwit continuing in Biddeford Pool
Highlights from travels elsewhere in Maine included:
- 2 Dickcissels visiting feeders on Pleasant St. in Clinton
- 15 Pine Grosbeaks on Ward Hill Rd. in Unity
- 25+ Evening Grosbeaks on Vaughns Neck Rd. in Warren
To view the following images in full-size, click here.
My work as a naturalist is supported by readers like you. To pledge a monthly contribution of $1 or more, please visit Patreon. Thanks!