Here are some nature notes from around York & Cumberland County, Maine:
- 1 Orange-crowned Warbler and 1 "Western" Palm Warbler in the wrack line on the north end of Pond Cove, Cape Elizabeth
- 2 Iceland Gulls at Mill Creek Park, South Portland
- 1 King Eider (1st-winter male) and 1 Iceland Gull on the Fore River, viewed from the Portland Fish Pier
- Highlights from birding parts of York and Ogunquit for the York County Christmas Bird Count included 30+ Northern Gannets, 1 Great Blue Heron, 200+ Purple Sandpipers, 10+ Razorbills, 1 Eastern Screech-Owl, 1 Great Horned Owl, and 1 Snow Bunting
Highlights from travels elsewhere in Maine included:
- 1 Black Vulture (FOY) in Farmingdale
- 1 Lark Sparrow visiting feeders on Maple Ridge Road in Winslow
- 1 presumed Red-shouldered x Red-tailed Hawk hybrid in Benton
To view the following images in full-size, click here.
My work as a naturalist is supported by readers like you. To pledge a monthly contribution of $1 or more, please visit Patreon. Thanks!